HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: kWANZAA IS AN ANCIENT AFRICAN VALUE SYSTEM

I very happy that you posted some of the information which are related to Kwanzaa, for our people to read and think about, I started today to illustrate what Kwanzaa was all about, but I had to do something else, so I was not able to finish my thoughts at that time, but what you have posted helped to illustrate what Kwanzaa really is, and was among our ancient African ancestors. In 1966 or there about, brother Maulana Karenga, was inspired to re-create an African cultural value system, which could be used to inspire African people everywhere, to reclaim their African Roots, Culture and Heritage, so that it can be past on from generation to generation, in order to restore our people to their original greatness.

Since that time, Matunda Ya Kwanzaa is being practiced by more than 20 million African people, all over the African world, but especially in the African Diaspora. This is the time when a spiritual, cultural and practical review, of life among the families, communities and race, is implemented and corrections made, as well as new projects which are needed, be discussed and put into practice, for the good and better life for African people everywhere. This is the time when people in the African communities who were at variance, forgive each other then embrace and start a new in order to preserve African solidarity.

There are seven universal principles, which are used as a guide line, or as a governmental constitution, to encourage our people of African origin to uplift our race and work together. They are 1 Umoja= Unity 2 Kuji-cha-gulia= Self-Determination 3 Ujimaa = Collective Works and Responsibility 4 Ujamaa= Cooporative Economics 5 Nia = Purpose 6 Kuumba= Creativity 7Imani which = Faith. Kwanzaa was Created in the East Africa Language OF Kiswahili therefore all of these seven priciples are written in Kiswahili and they are called the NGUZA SABA, which really means seven principles. There are seven Symbols which are used in the cultural ceremony, when our people are assemble to celebrate the goodness of our Creator, and to welcome our babies into the community, since they are also first human fruits. There is much more discussions which are needed concerning Kwanzaa, so that our people can be edified, it can also be researched on the internet, there is much information about it, books about Kwanzaa can be had at any African book stores, and it makes very interesting African cultural reading. I will be watching out to see how far our people wish to go with this reasoning, then I will say some more.
Again I send many oceans of blessings and self determination to African People everywhere
ONE BLACK LOVE ONE BLACK HEART
Baba Raas Marcus

Messages In This Thread

kWANZAA IS AN ANCIENT AFRICAN VALUE SYSTEM
Re: kWANZAA IS AN ANCIENT AFRICAN VALUE SYSTEM *LINK*
Great African Leaders Are Normally Imprisoned
Link Error So....
Re: kWANZAA IS AN ANCIENT AFRICAN VALUE SYSTEM *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com